Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm alive!!

It has been some time...
I will start from the start, after I start from the latest...

Today I went to Nagashima Spa Land. It is not full of Spas, and the pool area is only open summer so I didn't get to go there.
But the rest was awesome. Very.
See here I'm enjoying myself thoroughly on the "Steel Dragon 2000"

Lots of rides and a free pass for all rides makes for a fun 4 hours of school.

Anyway, let us go back in time to about 2 months and a week ago. I left my 4th host family to brave the harsh world of another family. Wasn't that harsh really. A very nice family even.

However at the beginning, as with all new host families, I was too nervous to ask things and too worried about offending in some way so I never got around to asking about internet. I didn't forget though. When I was in the main room I looked around for a router or anything to connect to the internet and saw nothing, and I never saw them using the internet so i came to the conclusion they didn't have it.
After about a month or so I started to get suspicions that maybe they did have internet, but still didn't see a router so figured that it may have been one of those USB connections that I wouldn't be able to make use of anyway.
Finally, last week, I discovered they did indeed have internet and that it was something I could connect to with my computer. So I made a tentative inquiry about what would happen to the cost if I were to use it too. They got surprised thinking I'd been using it the whole time. That was their assumption so they'd never mentioned it. So that night we set up my computer to connect and now I have internet again, just in time to go to a new host family in a week or so and start all over again...

Since then in short... Watched all of Red Dwarf, started new school term, German exchange student "Maurice" rocked up there, visited various Japanese places with him, performed a few times with club, performed an awesome show with club in collaboration with the local Japanese defence force's orchestra (awesome), went fishing and caught a nice fish, had a birthday, bought The Hobbit in Japanese, went to Nagashima Spa Land, got bored in lessons, bought the new pokemon black, saw a toucan in the turtle exhibit, and many more, but to go into detail might take some time, so instead I'll put up some pictures and might go into detail if it's requested later.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a non-dead Olly, and here I thought I'd get to own two cars =D Waiiit, that'd be a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I think the "See here I'm enjoying myself thoroughly on the "Steel Dragon 2000"" photo is wrong :P
    Good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whys the girl in the photo wearing a face mask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She had a cold? Japanese people where them a lot during winter and the months before it. They don't want to spread germs or something.

    ReplyDelete